A Delivery Software is used by Logistics and Distribution companies to schedule their daily deliveries, monitor their drivers and fleets, record confirmations in real-time, make updates and adjustments to their daily schedules (new orders, canceled orders, changes in existing order details, etc.) and manage their entire operations efficiently, with minimized costs and maximum usage of resources.
Along with other convenient tools such as ePOD and Driver Apps, Delivery Software is a boon of modern technology and helps generate Customer Satisfaction.
What is electronic Delivery Software?
Today’s modern Electronic Delivery Software is a one-stop-shop mobile solution that plans routes, monitors deliveries, tracks driver performance, uses GPS vehicle tracking, and manages overall Logistics and Distributions operations for Fleet Companies.
It includes features like an ePOD app (Electronic Proof of Delivery) which is a fully automated delivery confirmation system that manages multiple stops and deliveries effortlessly. Used in conjunction with the Driver App, and ePOD provides instant electronic delivery notification via methods like e-signing on glass, photograph capture, and QR code scan.
How do delivery notifications work in electronic Delivery Software?
Delivery Software is essential to manage today’s needs of hectic and uber-competitive delivery schedules, with ever-increasing consumer demands. These cloud and app-based Delivery Software are simple and easy to understand and operate, completely eliminate all manual processes (pen-n-paper, emails, phones), and can be used by organizations of all sizes and complexity of operations, whether a large enterprise or a small and medium-sized company.
The Delivery Software, Driver Apps, and ePODs can be easily downloaded from any App store online and all your team members – Fleet Managers, drivers, delivery agents, and couriers – can start using it immediately.
Steps of operation: Delivery Confirmation software, ePOD, Driver App
Step 1: Automatically importing and updating data about deliveries
Delivery Software, ePODs, and Driver Apps use convenient APIs that enable automatic import and export of all delivery information in real-time, and therefore, eliminate all manual processes. With this import tool, Fleet Managers can add new deliveries and their details (e.g. order description, quantity, delivery address, price, weight, COD amount) while also updating the completion (or, rejection) details of packages out to delivery
Step 2: Syncing data with mobile app (ePOD, Driver App)
Delivery Software automatically syncs up the available data and assigns deliveries to the available drivers. Drivers use their Driver App to sign in and receive their daily schedules.
Step 3: Collecting electronic proof-of-delivery
After completing a delivery, the driver uses ePOD to collect proof of delivery by using the company-preferred method (e.g. e-signature, scanning QR codes, capturing a photo). All such data is immediately uploaded by the App and synchronized with the central server and dashboard in real-time.
Given below are some advantages of collecting recipient confirmation via electronic Delivery Software:
- Download and start: As mentioned above, you can download this Delivery Software /ePOD App on the Google Play or App store and you are good to start
- One-stop e-POD: The ePOD app takes care of all proof and documentation needed for a delivery confirmation: takes customers’ e-signatures with the “sign-on-glass” technology (e.g. using electronic pens), scans QR codes and barcodes, captures photos, timestamps, and geo-tags. All this serves toward reduced paperwork, eliminating billing and invoicing errors, and improves the overall efficiency of your last-mile operations, which is critical for success for today’s Logistics and Distribution companies
- Works offline: During moments of signal irregularity and weak connections, the App also works offline and uploads the offline data once a stronger network connection has been restored
- Real-time data sharing: Perhaps, the greatest advantage of an automated, real-time Delivery Software is its ability to record, share and mine a massive amount of daily data. As soon as the delivery confirmation has been signed, the Driver App/ePOD shares (uploads) the data containing all relevant details (e.g. number of items, time, delivery receipt etc.) on to the central cloud-server from where it can be easily accessed by Fleet Managers. The prompt sharing of data enables real-time updates to all the stakeholders in the distribution cycle, thus allowing them to stay abreast of status and progress. From a company efficiency perspective, it helps in achieving a much greater level of efficiency and insight, thereby helping to improve overall performance and productivity.
- Manage higher order volumes: increased efficiencies allow you to complete much larger numbers of daily deliveries while still maintaining top efficiencies at increased volumes
Managing Last-Mile Delivery with Delivery Software and tracking
A Delivery Software is a modern way of managing the Last-Mile Delivery challenge. As is common knowledge, it is this last-mile stretch in the entire logistics and distribution chain that is often the most challenging, costly, time-consuming, and operationally complex. Additionally, since the last-mile deals with the final customer and is the part that he “sees” and “experiences”, any slips-ups here have a huge negative repercussion. Conversely, managing last-mile deliveries efficiently results in generating Customer Satisfaction and repeat business.
Delivery Software offers tools such as dynamic tracking of drivers, vehicles, and deliveries, map-based scheduling, a web dashboard, adding-deleting new jobs easily (etc.).
Organizations of all sizes and industries including retail, groceries, pharmacies, food and beverage, wholesale, cargo delivery (etc.) benefit greatly from using Delivery Software.
- Real-time last-mile tracking: vehicle tracking in real-time, progress and completion of delivery. All your vehicular fleet and last-mile deliveries can be easily monitored on a map and dashboard in real-time with actual distances recorded, timestamps taken, and confirmations captured
- Live updates for customers: as mentioned earlier, customer satisfaction is paramount and Delivery Software and ePODs enable your drivers to keep your customers updated with live updates such as ETA or delays via an email or SMS that contains a tracking link. Both, your driver as well as your customers can conveniently access these updates via their smartphones. You can be sure of a pleased customer when your delivery agent knocks on the door with their parcel!
- Instant delivery notification: successful completion of deliveries are collected and delivered immediately. This is also an opportunity for your company to create a visual impact for your brand by using your company logo and name in such communications. Collecting customer feedback here will also enable you to improve your services further.
Conclusion: As seen above, it is evident that a modern Delivery Software with its extensive tools and features used together with a Last Mile Delivery Software is hugely beneficial in managing deliveries and last-mile operations in today’s ever-demanding world of logistics and distribution.